23 February 2010

Leather Sketch Journals

I've just finished making these two journals to take travelling with me. They are made from beautifully soft upholstery leather, lined with stiffened fabric, page size 160mmW x210mmH. The paper is my fave for this type of book - Canson 'Montval' - its 185g Acid Free watercolour paper. It handles water very well with little or no buckling and doesn't bleed back. Great for sketching, watercolours, collage - everything you can throw at it. And it's very cost effective. The books were a challenge to make, but now that they're done, I am proud of them and am beginning to like working with leather after all.
002Canson Montval 185g CP 014Stretch Band Closures 001aLong Stitch Binding,linen thread
 005Folios of Book #1 006Back Storage Pocket 010 Folios of Book #2
011 Book #2 012Back Storage Pocket  019Blanket Stitched edges

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Now I know why you have been so quiet, head down and sooo busy, the journals look absolutely beautiful and the colours ahhh decisions. Relish them.

Di said...

Thanks Hillary, I am hoping to fill them and more!!!