21 May 2013

Left Hand Journal pg 45

LHJ_0045 Tuesday, 21 May 2013
Hillary and I met up again at the new Trafalgar House Cafe in Onehuhga, for a morning gossip, coffee and a very quick entry in a selected journal.  This morning I took my Left Hand Journal along and captured the image painted full size on the cafe wall, and then proceeded to write as much of the menu as I could on top. I think my left hand script was becoming easier as I got to the bottom of the page. 
The staff are very pleasant and good at making coffee.   Their barista, ‘Junior’ took a big interest in our drawings last time we were there (last week), and we casually said we would make him a book too.  During the week, Hillary made a beautiful coptic bound book and I bought a set of Staedtler pencils to go with it and we presented these to Junior today.  He was speechless.  The owner also took a big interest in what we were doing and took a photo of this page to put on the Cafe’s facebook page.

No comments: