20 March 2009

Mosaic Pot Triumph



I have finally finished mosaicing and grouting this terracotta pot I bought at least 5 years ago. It's a biggie, measuring 700mm high and 480mm wide at the top. I collected blue and white china all this time, and was donated Willow pattern plates and Villeroy & Bosch pieces along the way. It took a long time to sort and break the pieces, put it all together, then 3 days to grout it. I consider it to be one of my major achievements. Today it was finally installed in the front foyer of my home and I feel very satisfied to have completed it.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

This pot is absolutely stunning. Congratulations on keeping focused, and your determination to complete this admirable. There should be more beautiful things like this around us.

Di said...

Thanks Hillary, it feels good to have a tick beside it.

outofcharacter said...

i wish i had this. or at least had the artistic ability to create one of my own. congratulations, it looks fabulous.

Di said...

Thank you for taking a look, and your comments. I read your blog - you have a mind like mine, maybe it's a Cancerian thing. Enjoy life, it's too short not to.